What do I do without a locksmith in Malvern?
At one point (or many times), we may have uttered these same words. Oh, the trouble of getting yourself locked after a long day at work! Seems familiar? Regardless of how much we take care of our keys and other locking devices, it’s bound to get lost one way or the other. It’s not that we are nothing but reckless and lousy human beings, but circumstances lead us to lose them (or maybe this is just a convenient excuse- whatever).
Locksmiths are there to the rescue. They are considered our neighborhood’s unsung heroes. If firemen put out fire and policemen deter crimes, locksmiths give us the convenience and safety of being INSIDE our own homes (primarily). Getting locked out with no one to open the door is an ordeal in itself. Thank goodness for locksmiths, they get us out of this cumbersome ordeal.
Locksmith services have evolved. From merely manipulating locks, what they can offer has branched out to services safer and better lives altogether. This is also precisely why many locksmiths have mushroomed left and right. There are many locksmiths to choose from. Is that a bad thing? To a certain level, yes. The task of choosing the best one becomes more challenging. At the end of the day, the choice boils down to these factors:
– Length of time in the business and experience
– Overall qualities and credentials
– Wide array of services offered
Now, let’s discuss all these three factors in detail, shall we?
Length of time in the business and experience
Not to be confused by thinking that new locksmiths can’t be trusted, of course. A good number of new entrants are so good in what they do, they need all the praises we all can give. These new locksmiths certainly can give the old ones a run for their money.
However, we also can’t discount the longevity and staying power of highly established locksmiths. Being in service for several years (even decades), these locksmiths have seen the best and worst of times. These businesses have also accumulated a slew of satisfied clients who can easily vouch for them. Ever heard of WOM or Word Of Mouth?
These long-time locksmiths have also mastered the intricate art and technology of the industry. They have started from mostly manual work then transitioned to the state-of-the-art. They don’t stop learning and innovating. Keeping up with the latest trends is one of their priorities so you are assured that they put in all the extra work to give you the best service they can ever provide.
Overall qualities and credentials
A good, even exceptional locksmith has to have outstanding qualities to be a stand-out. With many locksmith service providers, one has to step up the game by possessing these coveted qualities and credentials:
A good locksmith has to handle his business with professionalism at all times. This begins the moment you have him on the phone until he leaves your house with everything fixed. To ensure the level of professionalism is adhered to, take note of the following:
– Answers the phone with a lively and happy tone.
– Sincerely listens to what your problem is and politely provides some solutions.
– After spending a little bit of time talking about the problem, the locksmith should provide a quote or estimated total cost of the job required.
– Arrives on the specified date and time. Should he be running late for some unforeseen circumstances, a prior notice has to be made via an SMS or a phone call. Nothing is more annoying than waiting for a locksmith who takes forever to arrive without any advice (and this is after you freed up your whole day).
– Arrives neat and presentable, preferably wearing his company uniform complete with ID.
– Immediately fixes the lock/safe/home alarm. As an added bonus, he may also answer questions you may have for him.
– Sticks and does not veer away from the agreed initial quotation for payment.
– Leaves by completely fixing the problem.
Licensed and certified
Depending on where you are, different countries/states/areas have locksmith academies and certification/licensing processes. A good locksmith has to go through all these licensure processes to elevate his credentials. If it is a locksmith company, then it has to be registered and recognized as a legitimate business entity complete with a physical address, PO Box (if necessary), working contactable phone number, website, and email address.
As a customer, you have the right to ask for his IDs and certificates prior to gaining access to the property or lock. He has to have all of these documents ready. Better yet, he has to present them proactively. This is one of the best ways to make you feel secured. After all, this locksmith is still a stranger. You can’t be too complacent.
A good locksmith should be knowledgeable on any methodology concerning locks, safes, home alarms, etc. He should always be updated on the latest industry trends to address even the most advanced issues. It also is expected for a locksmith to be proactive. He must have the unwavering passion in garnering more certifications on new advanced technological approaches. This exceptional locksmith views further education, certifications, and licenses as investments as opposed to just another required expense.
A wide array of services offered
A good locksmith should offer different services to broaden his scope. It’s good to have a specialization. However, it is much better if he becomes a one-stop-shop. This gives his clients more reason to stick to what he can offer rather than commissioning other locksmiths because of his limited services.
Here are some services that a good locksmith should provide:
Yes, this is perhaps one of the most in-demand services of a locksmith. Perhaps, 85 percent of cases needing the help of a locksmith happen at home. However, it should not just be all about fixing and opening locks. Here are other areas that should be covered under residential locksmith services:
– Opening and manipulation of any type of safe
– Installation of peepholes
– Replacement of mailbox locks (digital or otherwise)
– Repair of garage doors
Commercial locksmith in Malvern
As the majority of locksmith services happen at home, there’s still a good margin dedicated for the commercial side. Though smaller in number, it still has to be addressed. A good locksmith takes care of this, too. He has to be highly skilled in performing commercial locksmiths the same way he addresses the residential segment. Here are the services that should cement him as a reputable commercial locksmith services provider:
– New lock installation
– Maintenance and repair of office/establishment’s locks and keys
– Security upgrades should always be considered and recommended to business/building owners
– Comprehensive, in-depth, and detailed commercial lockout response service
– Installation of industrial-grade safes (even the types seen in banking establishments)
– Unlocking of important filing cabinets and other document housing contraptions
– Digital lock servicing
This is perhaps one of the best services a good locksmiths in Malvern can ever offer. We all can’t choose the time we get accidentally locked out, can we? Sometimes we discover lost keys during the middle of the night coming home from work or a party. At any time of the day or night, someone still has to attend to our emergency. Thanks to extensive mobile locksmith service, we don’t have to worry so much anymore. Here are some of the reasons why a mobile locksmith service is essential:
– Always available, 247 availability
– Quicker and more efficient response time
– Equipped with all the tools necessary to do the job any time of the day
– Convenience at its finest during one of the most stressful moments
– Equipped with the latest trends and technologies to address any locksmith-related situation gained through continuous and extensive learning/training sessions
Antique lock repair and restoration
Sure, not all of us have an extensive antique collection. But, (though few) there are still antique collectors and aficionados. This is where the locksmith service gets leveled up. How many locksmiths do you know can offer an antique lock repair and restoration service? Not that many, perhaps? Having this type of service somehow gives one locksmith over the others. What are the usual tasks involved in an antique lock job order? Here are some of them:
– Church locks
– Locks of heritage properties
– Old and antique cabinet locks
– Old furniture drawers and locks
– Antique door locks
– Locks of old safes
It takes a lot to be a good or even exceptional locksmith. With many locksmiths operating right now, only a few are perhaps considered a cut above the rest. With grit, passion, and innovation, they are able to edge out their competitors.
As consumers, we have to always be on the lookout for the best locksmiths there are. Use the qualifications and other details provided in this article to make it easier. Remember, locksmiths enter our safe spaces. As such, we all need to feel comfortable, unthreatened, and at ease with locksmiths in Malvern around as they do their work.